Friends

Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Tomorrow People...The Whole Story pt.1...

Anyone who is in Yahoo's 'Scanarama' club will have seen messages from me, concerning the fact that there are a couple of members who have been sent scans of the whole series of Tomorrow People strips.  I am one of the people and I have been given permission to show them here on the blog.  I could hardly contain my excitement, especially at the quality of the scans, they are just superb.  So here is the first one.  I have reduced them slightly from 5250 pixels across to 2500 across, and also grey-scaled the black and white pages, This was to save upload time, and also download time for you.  I'm sure you'll agree they still look amazing.

The titles are the providers own titles.  He has asked to remain anonymous, so I will oblige with that wish, and just say thanks so much for these.

Click the picture to download...


The Tomorrow People - Story 1

INVASION EARTH
Script; Angus P. Allan.
Art: John M. Burns.

If you want more Tomorrow People information the book 'Jaunt'
is still available from here:


8 comments:

  1. Some of those pages are scanned from the original art. Will you be posting all the Tomorrow People pages eventually? I'm only missing a few issues of Look-In with John M Burns art and it would be nice to complete the set even if only with scans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean

    Yes Sean I will be posting all of the scans eventually, so keep visiting.

    John.

    ReplyDelete
  3. None of story one looks like original art to me, you can normally tell, because the speech bubbles are usually brown and discoloured, as the material they were made of didn't last as long as the board the strips were drawn on. What made you think these first ones were? There is original art amongst the rest of the scans though...explanation soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because there's no half-toning on some of the pages. The black and white pages from #s 31, 32, 33 and 35, and the colour pages from #s 33 and 34 are definitely not scanned from the comics. All the lettering has had some digital clean up though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you can get quite a clean effect using grey scale and Brightness/contrast on paint shop pro, but the lettering patches will still show, they dirty a lot more than the board. I did grey scale the b/w pages, although they looked pretty clean when I got them. I will try to find out about this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another thing that's just occured to me...original art work would'nt have it's title lettering above the logo, or the 'next week' lettering, all these pages have them, I suppose he could have found a font, but they all look like the real deal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Having asked the guy in question, whether there is original art amongst the collection, got this reply...

    "Hi John. Yes... Lots :)

    I can't identify specifically what comes from where as there are multiple sources (some my own as I have several pages of Look In art, not just TP) but if you spot tippex marks it's probably original."

    So maybe you are right Sean.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am! I've spent years scanning my own art for publication, and those Burns pages are definitely not scanned from the comics. You can see the reflection of the scanner lights on some of the black areas. That's too detailed for Look-In's 1970s printing... It would be easy to add in the titles from the printed comics in Photoshop.

    Anyway, it's good to see all this stuff in one place, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete