Friends

Saturday 19 September 2015

1973 No.4 and 1980 No.21...

We step back to 1973 again courtesy of Dan, it's No.4 this time.  We also have the next 1980 issue, that is No.21 from my collection.  Both are complete...


20th January 1973 - No.4

Cover: Donny Osmond by Arnaldo Putzu.

Strips: On the Buses (Harry North), Doctor in Charge! (Tom Kerr), Les Dawson is Superflop
(Arthur Ranson), The Adventures of David Cassidy (Alan Parry),
The Fenn Street Gang, (Unknown)Please Sir! (Unknown), Mark Strong (Brian Lewis)Elephant Boy (Unknown) Follyfoot (Mike Noble)and Pathfinders (Unknown).


17th May 1980 - No.21

Cover: Jimmy Pursey by Arnaldo Putzu.

The Benny Hill Page (Bill Titcombe), The Further Adventures of Oliver Twist (Arthur Ranson),
Worzel Gummidge (Mike Noble), Meet the Smurfs! (Peyo),
Charlie's Angels (Jim Baikie)Battlestar Galactica (Martin Asbury)
and Mork & Mindy (Bill Titcombe).

2 comments:

  1. Hi buddy and many thanks again for all the memories dude - I can help a wee bit with the Mark Strong strip inasmuch as I'm 99.999999% sure the artist is the great Brian Lewis. I often try to collect the strips as complete stories separated from the comic and I'm sure I'll be able to get most of the strip together with a bit of digging - will be in touch as I progress but give me a shout on billstorie@hotmail.com if you need any more on that strip. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Mike. I am familiar with Brian Lewis, who worked on TV21 and Countdown, but never spotted this, Brian doesn't have a particular style that you can pinpoint to him, unlike someone like Mike Noble, unmistakeable. The section has been updated to include Brian's name.

    ReplyDelete